Friday, February 05, 2010

Magnetic Fun


I have been wanting to do something crafty for a while, but as I am not the most, well, crafty person there is, I thought I would do something rather small and not so demanding of crafty skills. I remembered a while ago our good friend Natalie Stadelman showed us some cute magnets she made out of glass rocks and ikea catalog patterns. I thought I could handle this.

Which I did! Sadly, and oddly, I didn't have an ikea catalog in my house, but we made do with Real Simple and some old BYU magazines. It didn't take long, the hardest part was cutting the pictures out of the magazines, which as you can guess wasn't too difficult. A little big of tacky glue, a little big of magnet, and voila! Perfect Christmas or wedding presents! Here is what we came up with!



5 comments:

Nicole and Garrett said...

Cute! You have a really nice camera. :)

Cami said...

I think they're AWESOME! Great job. Real Simple is perfect for sure.

Anita said...

These are so cute, what a great way to recycle,to use magazines.

SGraham said...

fun. so much scope for the imagination.

SGraham said...

clever and fun to look at . . .